Sunday, 4 September 2016

 The Doorsteps:
Rajasthan, the state of royals. Known for
 its culture and forts, the kings here got
 constructed a lot of forts as well as the
 markets and public places. The forts
 having high walls for protection in the 
time of war, and the architectural beauty
 as a sign of their high society and their
 family name.  With independence and
 democracy their ruling was gone, but the
 things, the traditions they gave to this place
 remained.

 The forts and palaces, they sold some of them, some were converted to museums,  hotels, or tourist places. The families moved to abroad or big cities and settled there.
 the old city and market still remain here as they left it. doors locked from decades, in torn condition tell us how it was. In some homes people still live, who didn't want leave.



While roaming in these streets, I saw old people sitting at doorsteps, they used to gossip here someday. Now they don't talk that much but whatever want to say, one can see it in their eyes.
Those old markets are now known as "Purana Bazaar". The special thing about those, is that they have different streets for every business and profession like "Halwaiyo ki Gali"( for sweets), "Saunaro ki Gali"(goldsmith) etc.





 










But now, new cities are constructed around those cities, new markets too. The people do not want to visit all these rusty old market streets, as the streets are narrow and their vehicles will be stuck in traffic. In old times, they didn't have vehicles and the pollution either.
beside the market streets, the old city streets are peaceful. whenever I go to home, I roam in those streets. It feels good. And this time I had my camera with me,  so I captured these doorsteps in my camera.




































No comments:

Post a Comment